Happy Holidays from S. Sanders Company Insurance: Tips to Prepare for a Celebration Out of Town!
At S. Sanders Company Insurance, we want to wish you and yours a happy, healthy, and safe holiday!
Is your family planning on traveling this holiday? As you embark on your journey, remember to stay safe alongside other vehicles. The last thing you want to happen is an accident or injury on your way to a loved one’s home. If you are concerned about road or weather conditions, here are some tips to ensure you have safe travels this year:
• Before leaving, make an emergency kit including food, jumper cables, road maps, and a flash light. Also make sure your phone is fully charged in case you need to call officials for help.
• Avoid driving in bad weather. Always let someone know your destination, your route, and how long it should take to arrive.
• Get enough sleep the night before so you can be alert when traveling. Always give full attention to the road and avoid distractions.
• If you are the driver and you are sick, it is best to stay home. You don’t want to risk feeling drowsy or sneezing uncontrollably while operating a vehicle.
• If you will be consuming alcohol at the destination, make sure you have a designated driver. Never drink and drive.
We hope these tips help you have a safe holiday road trip. Your goal is to spend as much time as possible with loved ones during this time of year. Don’t put anyone at risk on your travels by giving into distractions. Instead, prepare for the worst so you can get to your destination in one piece.